Simplifying Science Descipher Logo   
Disease or Condition — Injuries and Poisoning:
2-propanol toxicity

Information displayed below is a subset of the entire knowledge base and may be incorrect, or incomplete intensionally or inadvertently. If you detect a serious error or want access to the complete knowledge base, please contact us.


Isopropyl alcohol is a toxic substance when ingested or inhaled. It can cause irritation to the eyes, nose, throat, and lungs. Ingestion of isopropyl alcohol can cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and central nervous system depression. Inhalation of isopropyl alcohol can cause dizziness, headache, confusion, and loss of coordination. Prolonged exposure to isopropyl alcohol can cause liver and kidney damage. Isopropyl alcohol is also flammable and can cause fires and explosions if not handled properly.

  • dimethyl alcohol toxicity
  • isopropanol toxicity
  • isopropyl alcohol toxicity
  • rubbing alcohol toxicity
Basic Lab Tests (measurements)

Detailed Disease and Condition Information (use the search buttons below to find details on these topics)
All of the following must be considered when interpreting clinical findings and are too extensive to be covered on this site: